Weddings often have so many spontaneous moments that are unplanned and make the day stand out. As wedding photographers we split our time between posing the perfect shot and fixing all of the details like how the veil and train are laying, to documenting natural moments as they unfold. It is such a satisfying feeling to freeze a moment in time for our clients and their families to have forever. Sometimes the moments we capture are enough to make us laugh out loud while we relive the day editing the files. For this reason we wanted to share our top ten funniest moments of our 2016 weddings.
10) Marissa & Jim’s wedding. This groomsmen dancing to “Cotton Eye Joe”. He gave it 200% and the entire dance floor parted to make room for his swinging legs. This guy’s legs went so high, that we know he had to have been sore the next day.
9) Kat & Keith’s wedding. Kat’s grandpa doing the lawnmower on the dance floor was pretty darn cute. He was also doing the shopping cart.
8) Shannon & Brent’s wedding. These groomsmen pulled off the perfect lift while “Time of my Life” from “Dirting Dancing” played. They might have practiced this a few times before the wedding. They sure do look like they are having the time of their lives.
7) Kristen & Dan’s wedding. Kristen and her girls went all in while singing along to Madonna’s “Like a Prayer”.
“It’s like a dream
No end and no beginning
You’re here with me it’s like a dream
Let the choir sing”
6) Caitlyn & Dan’s wedding. Dan’s parents high five-ing during the hora was so much fun.
5) Shereen & Chris’ wedding. Everyone kept telling Shereen’s grandpa to smile while walking her down the aisle. Him forcing his smile with his hands was so cute! He was hilarious all day. There were a few dance floor photos of him that could have made the list too.
4) Angie & Bill’s wedding. Their son, Dom was having a blast singing along with the band Dominic Tacco and the Brotherhood.
3) Megan & Andrew’s wedding. Their best man and matron of honor switched outfits for their intro, which was hilarious. No one was expecting it and all of their guests were laughing so hard.
2) K’rin & Victor’s wedding. Victor shredded his pants in the very beginning of the day. He and his groomsmen had a pretty good sense of humor about it. Thankfully their coordinator sewed his pants so we could continue with photos while someone went and picked up another pair, which arrived just in time for the ceremony.
1) Shereen & Chris’ wedding. Hands down the funniest thing that we have seen at our 2016 weddings. Chris and his groomsmen surprised his bride with a choreographed dance to one of her favorite Spice Girls songs. Shereen was dying and it didn’t take long for her to join in. It felt like it had to be one of the highlights of her life and we were so glad to have been there to capture it.